Laina Chikhani: Attorney at Law
- 1992: B.S. Marketing, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2009: J.D., John F. Kennedy University, School of Law, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Prepare and defend felony cases from arraignment through jury trial.
- Prepare and defend misdemeanor cases from arraignment through jury trial.
- Directly handled over 200 DUIs
- Prepare and defend Juvenile cases.
- Litigated on behalf of Juvenile’s against multiple School Districts.
- Litigated on behalf of Juvenile’s facing S.A.R.B. (School Attendance
- Assist in preparation and defense of felony trials.
- Prepare and assist for hearings and trials including reviewing and analyzing
evidence, police reports, interviewing witnesses and preparing client
- Court appearances including arraignments, pre-trial conferences, probation
violation hearings, Proposition 36 court, and readiness conferences.
- Research, write, and argue motions on a range of procedural and substantive matters.
Previous Positions Held:
- Associate Attorney: Morton & Russo, LLC 2011 - 2016
- Associate Attorney: Law Offices of Vincent R. Maher November 2010 - August 2011
- Law Clerk: Law Offices of Vincent R. Maher September 2010 - November 2010
- Certified Law Clerk: Solano County Conflict Defender’s Office Fall
2009 (Fairfield office) Spring 2010 (Vallejo office)
- Law Clerk: Law Office of Linda McIntyre February 2009 - April 2009